Vertical Lift DoorsEPD Vertical Lift Doors are designed to last the lifetime of the building
Vertical Lift Doors are the perfect solution for large openings. Our doors are commonly used on large equipment maintenance facilities and mining applications throughout the world. Vertical lift doors stand up to high wind loads and extreme environmental conditions. Depending on the opening, vertical lift doors can use a single or multiple panel design. The doors are durable and can withstand most damages caused by vehicle or equipment collisions.
We manufacture vertical lift doors with quality materials and superior craftsmanship.
- We use structural steel panel construction and heavy gauge sheeting on the door panels.
- Steel that is manufactured in the USA is used whenever possible. Electric Power Door is a member of the Iron Mining Association of Minnesota.
- EPD vertical lift doors do not use springs. Torsion and coil springs are common trouble areas on roll-up and overhead sectional doors. EPD’s cable and counter-balanced operating mechanism out-performs a spring balanced system.
Custom designed for each project to maximize the available opening dimensions.
- We equip doors with high performance, tight fitting weather seals and manufactured to withstand extreme environmental and abrasive conditions.
- The doors can be designed for installation on the building’s interior wall if there is sufficient headroom or the exterior wall surface to maximize the opening size.
- We recommend exterior mounted doors for retro-fits or buildings with minimal interior ceiling heights.
- Options include vision lights, louvers, full size personnel doors, special cladding, and insulation.
EPD’s reliable operating system includes:
- Heavy duty weight counterbalancing
- Door panel guide rollers with precision roller bearings
- Guided counterweight box enclosed in a full height counterweight tower
- A cable reeving system that balances the loading and makes all the panels travel at proportional speeds (not the bump and grind method)
- We use sheaves, cables, and shaft sizes that are heavier and larger. This increases the durability of the operating system.
- A hand crank or hand chain for use during a power failure or emergency to operate the door. The manual operation does not rotate the motor shaft or gear reducer. This allows the door speed to remain fast and reliable.
Vertical Lift Dimension Selection Tables
- Using Table #1, determine the over-all height requirement (Dimension “E”) for your application based on the desired clear opening height.
- Using Table #2, determine the panel thickness and other dimensions for your application based on the desired clear opening width.
|Door Clear Opening Height||Single Panel Door “E”||Two Panel Door “E”||Three Panel Door “E”||Four Panel Door “E”|
* The panel thickness indicated in this table is for estimating purposes only. It is based on average panel heights with a wind pressure of 20 pounds per square foot. Please consult the EPD factory for the exact panel thickness and other dimensions for your project.
|Door Clear Opening Width||Panel Thickness Based on 20 PSFLoad “A”||Offset of Track & Tower to Opening Jamb “B”||Width of Counter- Weight Tower “G”||Single Panel Door “C”||Two Panel Door “C”||Three Panel Door “C”||Four Panel Door “C”|
|Depth of Track & Tower from Mounting Surface “C”|
|0′ to 18′||4 inches *||2-1/2″||16″||12″||12″||16″||22″|
|19′ to 22′||5 inches *||2-1/2″||16″||12″||14″||19″||26″|
|23′ to 26′||6 inches *||2-1/2″||16″||12″||17″||24-1/2″||32″|
|27′ to 38′||8 inches *||3-1/2″||16″||12″||21″||30-1/2″||40″|
NOTE that the overall width “F” is equal to: 20″ plus the clear opening width
Vertical Lift Doors can be designed for storing the door panels in the raised position on either the interior side or the exterior side of the adjacent wall structure.
- Interior mounting the doors provides the most economical installation however, if ceiling height is insufficient for interior mounting, the door can be attached to the building’s exterior wall.
- Exterior mounted doors are designed with a weather hood structure that stores the door panels above the clear opening whenever the door is fully lifted.