Blast DoorsEPD Blast Doors are designed for when protection is critical
Electric Power Door designs and manufactures heavy duty blast resistant doors. Blast doors are custom engineered to handle all situations from very low to very high range blast loads. Fire labeled, blast resistant doors are also available. All blast doors can be provided with power operators, special hardware, weathering, sub-frames for embedding, and other optional equipment.
Due to the special requirements and critical nature of the facilities where blast and pressure resistant doors are needed, we request you contact us for technical information and details.
Products Main Page Product Request Form
EPD has engineered blast resistant doors to handle low to very high blast load ranges. The most common styles of blast doors are:
- Swinging – single or double
- Vertical Lift
Blast resistant doors are custom designed and manufactured specifically for each customer’s application.
EPD Blast / Ballistic / Force Protection Door options include:
- Power operators
- Special hardware
- Weather tight, water tight, air tight, and gas tight seals
- Sub-frames for embedding
- Fire labeling available in single and double swing styles for low and mid-range blasts
- 3-hour labeled doors have been tested in accordance to ASTM E-152, CAN4 S-104, CSFM, 12-43-4, NFPA 252, UBC 43, 2 and UL-10b fire testing standards
- Insulated core to reduce the exterior temperature rise
- Designed to withstand the blast duration — dynamic or static loads
- Automated latching systems
- Panic hardware
- Security controls
- Ballistic / projectile resistance
- Bullet resistance to withstand small arms, high-powered rifle, and armor piercing rounds
- Force protection doors