EPD’s Four fold doors are used in Secured Parking applications like commercial parking garages and provide dependable quick-acting operation along with increased levels of protection.
Doors are designed and fabricated to last for the life of the building.
These high-cycle doors regularly operate over two million times and only require minimal amounts of maintenance.
- Low maintenance maximizes the usefulness of the door application by minimizing out-of-service time and inconvenience.
- Minimal repairs over the life of the door will reduce the need for costly service plans.
EPD Four Fold doors can be easily switched to the manual operating mode whenever power failures occur.
- No tools are required for conversion from powered to manual operation.
- The door panels swing open or closed with minimal force.
- Four fold doors automatically re-synchronize themselves after returning to powered operation.
Damage to vehicles and doors is a major problem for parking garages. EPD has several features on the Four Fold Door to help solve this problem:
The door’s operating method reduces the likelihood of damage.
- Rapidly moving door panels travel in horizontal directions.
- Sideways motion along with quick two-feet-per-second opening and closing speeds keep the door panels in the sight-line of the driver at all times, thus reducing the chances of damage.
Automated door controls are custom engineered to prevent damage.
- Through-beam photoelectric eyes, inductive detection loops, microwave, ultrasonic, and other sensors are used to control door logic sequences.
- Pressure-sensitive edges are applied to critical areas on the door panels and provide control signals to the logic panel.
EPD offers many options to enhance the safety and aesthetics of our Secured Parking Door systems:
- A variety of controls are available including inter-faces with existing parking and security control systems.
- Resistance to high winds, earthquakes, and hurricanes.
- Custom door panels are designed to complement any building’s design.
- Bullet and crash resistance system.
- Wood cladding, flat and pre-formed sheeting, bars, mesh, and glazed panels are available.
Special locking devices for physically locking the doors into position are available. They can be hydraulic, pneumatic, or electrically operated.
Additional control options include:
- Retina readers
- Palm readers/digit readers
- Door position switches
- Loop detectors
- Card readers
- Radio controls
- Auto-close timers
- Vehicle identification