Sliding DoorsEPD sliding doors are available in many configurations to fit your building design and equipment or vehicle movement needs
Sliding doors can be top hung or bottom rolling, depending on the facility needs and opening conditions.
Doors are available in single, bi-parting, and multiple sections. Panels can be designed to receive special cladding and can include vision lights, louvers, and mandoors.
Designed for longevity, EPD sliding doors are rarely replaced. Since replacement parts and repairs are minimal, a sliding door system from EPD is a very cost effective choice.Products Main Page Product Request Form
EPD Sliding Door Types:
- Single panel or single leaf – uni-directional doors
- Bi-parting doors
- Multiple leaf doors – as many as 6 panels (or more) traveling in each direction
- Floating door groups
- Sliding doors – interior or exterior mounted to meet your building design.
- Top hung sliding doors – provided with a box or S-beam track.
- Bottom rolling doors – provided with a floor rail.
Door Structure and System Design
EPD’s structural steel panels are covered with 14-gauge steel sheeting. We use steel manufactured in the USA whenever possible.
Heavy duty, industrial operating hardware is designed for long life and includes:
- Guide tracks
- Top guide rollers with precision bearings
- Track support brackets
- Bottom roller wheels
- Door pulls
- Stay rollers
- Weather stripping
EPD provides an electric gear motor drive with roller chain, sprockets and a disconnecting system used for manual operation as part of our drive train components. All sliding doors are designed for easy manual operation during a power outage or emergency.
Pre-wired and UL® labeled control panel assemblies with all the required control stations are provided for each project according to the specified requirements.
Each door is custom designed by the EPD engineering staff to ensure the system will meet the required building codes and specifications.
- A fully automated 3-point security latching system is now available and is recommended for correctional facility gates.
- Attack, bullet, and impact resistant doors are available for security applications.
- A wide variety of special cladding options to match individual building designs.
- Bars, grills, mesh, and louvers to provide daylight and ventilation while maintaining security
- Vision lights and pass doors
- Pneumatic and hydraulic drive systems are available in addition to the standard electro-mechanical drive