Transportation Four Fold & Bi-Fold Doors
EPD Four Fold Doors provide excellent service for transit industry applications and can be designed to meet the needs of any mass transit operation, including bus or rail facilities.
- Doors can be designed with a cut-out to accommodate a continuous catenary wire.
- Floor guides are not required, the doors glide easily above rails.
- Doors can be designed to match the design of any building.
- Controls are customized to the needs of the facility, including automated controls and photo electric eyes.
Long lasting EPD Four Fold Doors will operate for over two million cycles.
- Designed to last the life of the building with minimal maintenance.
- Hydraulic operating system easily handles high cycling requirements.
- Door panels are heavy duty, constructed with “Made in America” heavy gauge steel.
- Doors are resistant to abuse.
- Panels can be insulated and provide high thermal efficiencies.
- Tight sealing weathering system developed and tested to reduce costs associated with air infiltration.
- Doors will withstand severe weather including extreme cold, heat, and high winds.
- Door’s operating method reduces the likelihood of damage.
- Rapidly moving door panels travel in horizontal directions.
- Sideways motion along with quick two-feet-per-second opening and closing speeds keep the door panels in the sight-line of the driver at all times, thus reducing the chances of damage.