EPD doors have been installed in over 100 mining facilities in 17 states and five countries. Except for doors on abandoned operations, all these doors are still in operation.
- The active applications include doors on maintenance bays and haul truck facilities that have been providing service for over 60 years.
- Minimal maintenance was provided during the 60 year time span.
- EPD Vertical Lift Doors with Revolutionary Safety Features and Sliding Doors are the most commonly used door styles for mining applications.
EPD Four Fold doors can be easily switched to the manual operating mode whenever power failures occur.
- No tools are required for conversion from powered to manual operation.
- The door panels swing open or closed with minimal force.
- Four fold doors automatically re-synchronize themselves after returning to powered operation.
EPD Doors are used worldwide on truck shops and heavy equipment maintenance facilities providing these benefits:
- Low maintenance requirements
- Entire door system is fabricated from American Made Structural and Heavy Gauge Steel
- Long lasting cable and counter balanced operating mechanism that will last 20 times longer than the spring operated system used on rollup or sectional doors.
- Anti-friction guide rollers on door panels ensuring easy operation.
- The doors slide smoothly, even under high wind loads
- Abuse resistant
- EPD doors stand up to high wind loads and extreme environmental conditions.
- Can be opened and closed manually without tools during power outages
- Every door is customized for a perfect fit
- Small or Large door openings
- Interior or exterior mounting
- Doors are tightly sealed and can be insulated to reduce costs for facility heating and cooling
- No floor guides for smooth traffic flow
- Full height pedestrian doors and large vision lights can be included in the panels
- Custom designs are available for dust control on crusher applications